When it comes to my health, I like to be in charge of my own choicesand my own body.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there, making it difficult to know if I’m making the right decisions or not.
I’ve heard all kinds of seemingly-wild health claims like “You should drink eight glasses of water a day” and “Water fountains have more germs than toilets.” But which of these are true and which are simply myths?
In this exclusive piece, we did some digging to reveal the truth behind ten extremely common health claims. Finally, I know whether chicken soup really does help fight a cold!
Obviously I trust my doctor’s advice above all else, but now I don’t have to live a life of health rumors and misinformation any longer. And for most of these, I was actually surprised at which were true and which were false.
Scroll through below to see which of these health statements has basis in reality.
What other myths have you been able to dispel? Let us know in the comments!
1. An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away
2. You Should Drink Eight Glasses Of Water A Day
3. Breakfast Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day
4. Too Much TV Is Bad For You
5. Chicken Soup Is Good For A Cold
6. You Should Go To The Gym Every Day
7. Wet Hair Will Make You Sick
8. Antiperspirant Causes Cancer
9. Water Fountains Have More Germs Than Toilets
10. Swallowed Gum Will Take Seven Years To Digest