You probably know of Bindi Irwin from her most recent endeavor as the winning contestant on the 2015 season ofDancing with the Stars. However, at the tender age of 18, she’s already been through so much more than that.
Bornon July 24, 1998, to Terriand SteveIrwin, Bindi has been a caring, loving soul since the very beginning. Her father Steve was the one and only Crocodile Hunter from Australia. Bindi first appearedon her dad’s show at the young age of 2. Steve always taught Bindi to treat animals the same way that she herself would want to be treated,as well as to always do everything in her power to help them and raise awareness aboutthem.
Then, in September of 2006, the unthinkable happened: Steve passed away after a tragic accident involving a freak attack from a usually docile stingray. He was only 44 years old and had so much left to offer the world and his family.
With a tragedy so heavy, it’s a miracle that Bindi has turned out to be such a successful, kind, mature, compassionate, and talented young woman. She still hasher mother and brother to help getthrough the hard times. These days, she’s working on her own career helpinganimals, as well as carving her own place in the entertainment industry.
These 10 Bindi Irwin facts you didn’t know will give you a greater insight into her life.
Thumbnail Source: Wikimedia Commons / Bernard DUPONT
1. Bindi Irwin Had Never Worn High Heels Before “Dancing With The Stars”
2. Bindi’s Net Worth Is $3 Million
3. Her Boyfriend Is A Professional Athlete
4. Steve Named Her After A Crocodile
5. Whenever She Sees a Crocodile, She Thinks Of Her Father
6. She Has A Fitness DVD
7. She Plans To Someday Manage The Australia Zoo
8. All Of Her “Dancing With The Stars” Money Went To Help Wildlife
9. She Wants To Grow Up To Be Just Like Her Mother
10. She’s Starred In Movies And TV Shows