Fast food may be convenient for your time, but not for your health. These restaurants combine highly-processed foods with a ton of calories, fat, sodium, carbs and sugar to make an inexpensive meal.
While they may be good in the moment, these foods end up costing you later. We recommend skipping the drive-thru and preparing some food for your long car rides. But if youre in a rush or feeling lazy, here are 20 of the most unhealthy fast food items you should skip.
1. Arbys: Meatball Toasted Sub 1,000 calories
Arbys, they have the (most caloric) meats.
2. Bojangles: 3-Piece Dinner (leg and two thighs) 1,470 calories
A dinner of thighs and leg might cost you an arm and a leg, health wise at least.
3. Burger King: The Triple Whopper 1,160 calories
This burger alone contains 1,160 calories almost as many as the daily recommended amount. This outrageousburger alsocomes with 75g of fat, 1,050mg of sodium and two days worth of trans fat. Speaking of fat: If you want to have less of it on your body, definitely avoid this food.
4. Carls Jr: Double $6Burger 1,522 calories
Thats about 254 calories per dollar. Not a very good deal.
5. Chick-Fil-A: Cookies & Cream Milkshake 660 calories
Once again proving youre better off eating mor chikn.
6. Dairy Queen: Large Cookie Dough Blizzard 1,320 calories
Unless youre hibernating for the winter with this blizzard, no one needs to consume that many calories at once. If youre REALLY having a craving, try this dessert hummus that will satisfy all your cookie dough needs.
7. In-N-Out: Double-Double with Onion 670 calories
8. KFC: Chicken Pot Pie 790 calories
Ironically, this chicken pot pie is the one item at KFC that contains vegetables and is not deep fried. However, its still the worst thing on the menu for you. With 790 calories in it and a days worth of sodium, its best you leave the pot pie cooking to your grandma.
9. McDonalds: Chocolate Triple Thick Shake 1,160 calories
That must be one thick shake.
10. Moes Southwest Grill: SteakHomewrecker 959 calories
With three major sources of fat (cheese, sour cream and guacamole) and three major sources of carbs (tortilla, rice and beans), this 959-calorie burrito is more of an ab-wrecker than it is a homewrecker.
11. Panera: Italian Combo Sandwich on Ciabatta 1,000 calories
The four types of meat in this sandwichmake this lunchtime classics calorie, fat and sodium content sky-high. Skip the fast food and make your own meat lovers sandwich at home your blood pressure and waistline will thank you.
12. Pizza Hut: Meat Lovers 6PersonalPan Pizza 890 calories
Learn to be a fighter, not a lover at Pizza Hut.
13. Popeyes: Shrimp PoBoy 690 calories
14. Sonic: Large PB Cookie Dough Dream Master Blast 2,300 calories
Its best you keep this dream master blast from turning into a reality. This drink has more fat than 43 strips of pan-fried bacon, more calories than 29 chocolate-chip cookies and more sugar than seven Snickers bars. My advice: Eat a strip of bacon, a Snickers bar and a few cookies instead of one diabetes-inducing shake.
15. Starbucks: Venti Eggnog Latte 630 calories
While the holiday season has been known to bring a few pounds with it, the combination of eggnog and whole milk can really add up. With630 calories, 28g of fat, 74g of carbs and 68g of sugar, its best you pass onthis festive beverage. If you dont want to give up your holiday tradition, opt for low-fat or skim milk tohelp you save some calories.
16. Subway: Double Meatball Marinara 860 calories
In this case, two is not better than one.
17. Taco Bell: XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito 860 calories
With2,200mg of sodium, this burrito holds a days worth of salt. Fast food is unhealthy enough, so avoid an XXL serving of it at all costs.
18. Wendys: Daves Triple 1,070 calories
Ones company and twos a crowd, but three is definitely not a party with this 1,070-calorie burger. Unless, of course, you call an impending heart attack a party. With two days worth of trans fat, its best you opt for just one patty wrapped in lettuce. Your heart will thank you later.
19. Whataburger: Chop House Cheddar Burger 1,110 calories
20. White Castle: Large Chocolate Shake 1,020 calories
Stick to the burgers at White Castle. Theyre (shockingly) less caloric than the shakes.
Subscribe to Elite Dailys official newsletter,The Edge, for more stories you dont want to miss.